Clinical Lead - Wheelchairs
Opcare, part of the Ability Matters Group, is the largest supplier of prosthetic, orthotic and wheelchair services to the NHS and private sector in the UK and Ireland. As a company, we aim to continuously improve the services we deliver and develop those who work for us.
Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Lead at our wheelchair service in Huddersfield. Ideally, we are looking for an occupational therapist or physiotherapist with wheelchair experience - must be HCPC registered.
This is a full-time position and you will be working with the Operations Manager to take a lead role in the development and delivery of an efficient and high quality therapy service for patients within the district. You will be working in a highly specialist capacity to deal with complex cases, and as an educational resource for other healthcare professions.
We take pride in providing patients with an industry leading service to enhance their ability, so we are looking for positive and dynamic people to join us and deliver on this commitment. We are a growing company and have an excellent record of people progressing within the organisation and therefore welcome applications from ambitious individuals who are looking to further their career.
Key elements of this rewarding job role:
- The clinical lead carries out the line management responsibilities of the clinical team. This includes appraisals, coaching and/or development requirements and performance management processes; working closely together with the operations manager
- The clinical lead ‘leads by example’ and ensures the team is engaged with the objectives/change processes required by the business
- The clinical lead ensures the team continuously improves and radiates a ‘can do attitude’
- To take the lead within local peer group discussions related to client and service delivery/CPD
- To work with the operations manager to draw up clinical guidelines/protocols for the service based on evidence of best practice
- The clinical lead supports and motivates the clinical team to ensure all skills are fully utilised
- The clinical lead ensures that the clinical team are achieving the objectives set by the business. When performance is not in line with the standards set, the clinical lead ensures effective actions are being agreed and followed up to recover the position, working closely with the operations manager
- The clinical lead ensures resources are fully utilised to achieve patient/customer/organisational requirements. This includes the monitoring of the workload of clinical staff
- The clinical lead is responsible for the arrangement of training programmes and maintenance of training records for clinical staff
- The clinical lead is responsible to review state registration to ensure that they are up to date
- Ensuring company H&S practices are followed in accordance with the Health & Safety Regulations
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply by emailing your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.