The draft programme for the PMG Conference 2018 will be available soon!
In the meantime, we are happy to confirm the following speakers (listed in chronological order in the proceedings).
Tuesday 24th July 2018
- Mark Wilson OBE - Becoming differently disabled and learning to listen to the experts!!
- Professor Rory O'Connor, University of Leeds - Personhood and posture
- Ginny Humphreys, Vranch House, Exeter - Postural support in lying
- Professor Rory O'Connor, University of Leeds - Outcome measures
- Reto Togni, Royal College of Art & Imperial College, London - Reagiro: manual wheelchair design
- Benedetta Pettorini, Alder Hey Children's Hospital - Selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR)
Wednesday 25th July 2018
- Tim Adlam, Designability - Dystonia and dynamic seating: a systematic review
- Dan Bowers & Rachel Taylor, University of South Wales and Kate Morgan, ALAS Cardiff - Social psychological explanations for compliance with use of clinically prescribed seating
- Lisbeth Nilsson, Lund University, Sweden and Graham Race, Queen Elizabeth Foundation, Surrey - Driving to learn: working with people with dementia
- Dr Barend ter Haar, BES Rehab - The interdisciplinarity of seating: marrying the values for users, engineers and therapists. Where in the world are we going?
- Dr Sarah Mason, University of Cambridge - Cell transplantation research into Huntington’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Frances Ryan, The Guardian - Crowdfunding for wheelchairs
- Merryn Thomas, Back Up - Wheelchair user research
- Kate Buffery, NHS England - Personal wheelchair budgets