Posture and Mobility Group
Who are we?
Posture & Mobility Group (PMG) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charity Commission for England & Wales. We are a membership organisation, and run an annual conference which offers training on such topics as postural management, special seating, wheeled mobility; a large industry exhibition runs alongside the conference proceedings. We also run ad hoc training days, publish an online journal, and offer grants for research studies.
Our website advises you of the conferences we hold and the information we provide in relation to posture and mobility. In order for us to provide you with our website and services we may need to collect personal information about you.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
This website is owned and operated by Posture and Mobility Group (Charity No. 1159774) whose registered office is at 29 Myrtle Close, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8UX. If you have any comments or queries about this website, please contact email@example.com
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 17 May 2018.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- correspondence about your booking/stay
- dietary and accessibility preferences
- your particular interests
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information – this is information that allows us to identify you such as your name and email address, telephone number etc
- Anonymous information – we may collect information that does not personally identify you but categorises you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, profession) and we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately.
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Request our newsletter
- Contact us by email or post
- Contact us by telephone
- Apply for bursaries and research grants
- Request to publish job adverts, news items, and details of external training events
- Submit journal articles
- Provide abstracts in the course of applying to present at the annual conferences
- Connect to the PMG Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
- Join the PMG closed Facebook group
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- Your browser version and operating system
- The site you came from
How we use your Personal Information
To provide our website, process your request for information or your request for products or services, we may use your information in the following ways:
- to register you for attending our annual conference and/or training events
- to process your application for a bursary and/or research grant
- to accept an article you wish to be published in our online journal
- to post details of jobs, training events or news items you wish to be shown on our website
- to send you marketing materials (if you have agreed to this)
- to process your booking for conference of another event
- to process your payment
- to fulfil any contracts you have entered into with us
- to help us develop the website and make it better for all users
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process. If it is not listed here, you can be assured we do not do it!
1) Where you have consented to us using your personal information
When you submit information to us on our website, we will process that information in order to comply with your request for further information or to join the mailing list. We will also add you to the published list of delegates at conferences you attend if you agree.
2) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
Examples of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you:
- to provide the conference or event booking you have requested
- to administer a bursary or grant if you are successful
- to arrange parking or dietary requirements at any conference or event you attend
3) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
- asses your application for a bursary or grant
- credit you with any articles, advertisements or comments or other information you have provided.
If you are an exhibitor, then please also see “Marketing” below.
4) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
An example of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation:
- Keeping records for tax purposes
If you are a member, we will only contact you if you have consented to receive our mailing list. If you are an exhibitor, we may contact you to let you know about events that may interest you. You can opt out of such marketing at any time and if you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Personal Information
Other third parties
We may share your information with certain other third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Toucan Design who maintain our website
- Conference Collective who manage the exhibition at the annual conference
- CircData* who manage registration ticketing at the annual conference
- MailChimp who provide mailing services for newsletters
- Catering suppliers at our events if you have specific dietary requirements
- Accommodation suppliers at our events if you opt to book a room via our booking system
- NCP Car Parks and similar parking providers when you request parking at an event (for exhibitors and accessible parking only)
*If you allow an exhibitor to scan your badge at our events, they will be provided with your name, email address, job title and organisation by CircData, which the exhibitor may then use to contact you. You should discuss directly with the exhibitor how they will use your data, and only allow them to scan your badge if you are happy with their policy.
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we transfer our business, in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets
Third Party Privacy Policies
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the EEA.
All third parties who provide services or software to us are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer data retention periods can be found below:
Type of Documents
Description of Document
Details of those contacting us for information – but who did not become members or book an event
Delete 2 years after last contact from prospect
Details of requests for conference or events placed by customers
Seven years after event
Database of event exhibitors
Name and contact details
Delete 6 months after unsubscribe request is received
Database of newsletter recipients
Name and email
Delete 6 months after unsubscribe request is received
Database of providers of information that is published on the web or at conferences
Permanently unless they have asked for anonymity
Digital bursary and grant applications
Names and contact details together with some work details
6 months after an unsuccessful application; permanently if successful
If you choose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of such information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact the PMG Manager at email@example.com or write to us at the address above.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at email@example.com
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. It may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
How to contact us