We are pleased to announce that PMG will be awarding 15 bursary places to attend the group’s annual conference, which is taking place at Manchester Central, 23rd - 25th July 2018.
Bursary applications open on 1st March 2018, and close on 5th April 2018.
A bursary covers the cost of attending the whole conference, including the Gala Dinner on Tuesday, 24th July 2018. This year, overnight accommodation will be provided at a Travelodge hotel, for one or two nights as required (Monday 23rd July and/or Tuesday 24th July). Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be served at Manchester Central on Tuesday, 24th July and Wednesday, 25th July 2018 and there is a free Speed Networking event on Monday 23rd July from 3:30pm to 5pm, followed by a free Welcome Event (details TBA). Travel expenses are NOT covered.
The bursaries are offered in compliance with PMG’s primary function, which is to provide and promote the education and training of rehabilitation professionals.
Conditions of bursary provision
Successful applicants will be required to attend the two full days of proceedings, and then write an article for the PMG online journal, reflecting on the impact of the conference on their practice. Student bursars may instead submit a modified piece of university coursework which would be of interest to the PMG membership.
Articles should be between 500 and 1,000 words (guidelines on submitting articles will be provided to the successful bursars).
- Only members of PMG may apply for a bursary
- Preference will be given to first time attendees
- Preference will be given to newly qualified staff, and those new to working in the field
- Student applicants should be in their final year of study
- Only one bursary can be awarded per department/service/company
- Previous PMG Conference bursars are not eligible to apply