International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP): Hybrid Basic Training
BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Join us on the first day of the PMG Conference 2019 for an ISWP practical training day!
The International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) are based at the University of Pittsburgh. They have utilised the World Health Organization's (WHO's) 5-day basic wheelchair service training package to create a hybrid training package, which includes some online modules and assessments in addition to a 1-day practical training event. PMG are proud to be the first organisation to provide this hybrid training in the UK, and to be hosting the training day for a second year at our annual conference.
Registration: from 9:30am
Start time: 10am
- Introduction to WHO & ISWP
- Wheelchair 101
- Measuring for wheelchairs (practical)
- Essential anthropoligical measurements
- How to measure
Morning break: 11:30am - 11:45am
- Checking the fit of the wheelchair (practical)
- Adjusting the wheelchair to suit the user (practical)
- Pressure checks (practical)
Lunch break: 1:15pm - 2pm
- Wheelchair skills provided by Back Up (practical)
Finish time: approx 3:30pm
Attendees are welcome to attend the Speed Networking event taking place from 3:30pm until 5pm near the conference registration desk, where some light refreshments will be provided.
Please note: Break timings are subject to change at the presenters' discretion.
- Richard Earl, Rehabilitation Engineer & Clinical Lead for Seating, Millbrook Healthcare
- Susan Gold, Occupational Therapist & Therapy Manager, West of Scotland Mobility and Rehabilitation Centre
Who can attend:
Therapists, engineers or other healthcare professionals working in the provision of basic wheelchairs. It is particularly beneficial to those new to the field, working in the community, for charities or wheelchair manufacturers.
Benefits of attending:
Completing this course will enable professionals to take the ISWP/WHO basic online exam and become a certified WHO basic level wheelchair professional.
- £55 + VAT (£66) online training and training day
- £95 + VAT (£114) online training, training day plus accommodation on Sunday 14th July
From 4th May:
- £60 + VAT (£72) online training and training day
- £105 + VAT (£126) online training, training day plus accommodation on Sunday 14th July
If you also wish to attend the conference proceedings and exhibition taking place Tuesday 16th - Wednesday 17th July, these are an additional cost, and full details of the options available can be viewed here.
- Access to the online modules and assessments (these must be completed before the training day)
- A day of practical training
- Access to our Speed Networking event after the training day
- A certificate from ISWP on passing the online assessment (before and after the training day) and completing an ISWP questionnaire
- Hot drinks and water throughout the day*
*To keep the price as accessible as possible, lunch will NOT be provided during the training day. We would advise participants to bring their own lunch and snacks, but there will also be a Costa Coffee available on site should you wish to purchase sandwiches, salads or light refreshments.
If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com or call 01392 477710.