International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP): Hybrid Basic Training
Join us in Derby this January for an ISWP practical training day!
The International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) are based at the University of Pittsburgh. They have utilised the World Health Organization's (WHO's) 5-day basic wheelchair service training package to create a hybrid training package, which includes some online modules and assessments in addition to a 1-day practical training event. PMG are proud to be the first organisation to provide this hybrid training in the UK, and to be hosting the training day for a third time following two previously successful events.
Registration: from 9:30am
Start time: 10am
- Introduction to WHO & ISWP
- Wheelchair 101
- Measuring for wheelchairs (practical)
- Essential anthropoligical measurements
- How to measure
Morning break: 11:15am - 11:30am
- Checking the fit of the wheelchair (practical)
- Adjusting the wheelchair to suit the user (practical)
- Pressure checks (practical)
Lunch break: 1pm - 2pm
- Wheelchair skills (practical)
Finish time: approx 3:30pm
Please note: Break timings are subject to change at the presenters' discretion.
Who can attend:
Therapists, engineers or other healthcare professionals working in the provision of basic wheelchairs. It is particularly beneficial to those new to the field, working in the community, for charities or wheelchair manufacturers.
Benefits of attending:
Completing this course will enable professionals to take the ISWP/WHO basic online exam and become a certified WHO basic level wheelchair professional.
One of our previous attendees has written a useful article about her experience of the training, which you can read here.
- £65.00 + VAT (£78.00) including online training, training day, lunch & refreshments
- Access to the online modules and assessments (these must be completed before the training day)
- A day of practical training
- A certificate from ISWP on passing the online assessment (before and after the training day) and completing an ISWP questionnaire
- Hot drinks, snacks, water and lunch
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about the event, or would like to pay by invoice, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1392 477710.