Lead Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist - Wheelchair Services
Do you want to work in a team who were nominated for a HSJ award for their cross organisational collaborative working with occupational therapy teams across Cumbria? Then working in North Cumbria is for you! We are offering a fantastic career opportunity to work as the team lead within the North Cumbria wheelchair service, based at the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
We are looking for an occupational therapist or physiotherapist to join our team. You will have experience and skills in the prescription of wheelchairs, seating and postural management, which supports our service users to maintain their independence in their home environment by enabling them to maximise their occupational performance. The team consists of occupational therapists and support staff. Key aspects of the role include:
- Undertaking clinical assessments with adults and children presenting with severe and complex physical disabilities, learning disabilities, pyscho-social and emotional problems across a large range of pathologies
- Clinical assessments, which can take place in clinic (Cumberland Infirmary), the community, the client’s home, community hospitals, residential or nursing settings and school or work settings
- Working with individual clients to identify their abilities, needs and goals, applying specialised knowledge of wheelchairs and postural seating with the aim of improving quality of life and independence
- Providing effective leadership and management to the team in the wheelchair service, monitoring standards and evaluating practice
- Leading on service improvements and quality in the wheelchair service
- Planning and delivering the training of accredited wheelchair prescribers across North Cumbria
One of the biggest stressors in modern society is sitting in traffic jams the impact this has on workload and work life balance. North Cumbria is made up of urban and rural road networks with very few traffic jams which means you get to see your patients and get home in time. With a great work life balance why would you not chose North Cumbria to work in the field you love?
The community in Cumbria is very welcoming with a great spirit and we are looking for a wheelchair therapist who displays and promotes the values of compassion, care and ambition to help deliver a much needed service to the community we service. If you want to join our amazing team and you have what it takes to make a difference to our patients then we want to meet you for an interview.
If you are moving to our great county then we do offer relocation packages to help support the move and we welcome informal chats to our team to find out more about the role and living and working in Cumbria.
Interviews will be held provisionally week commencing 22nd April 2019.
For more information, please contact Lesley Crichton, Head of Occupational Therapy, tel: (01228) 814440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please visit the NHS Jobs website, by clicking here.