Occupational Therapist (Band 6 equivalent)
Endorsed by the Department for Transport, QEF Mobility Services are one of the UK’s top three providers and complete over 1,000 mobility assessments each year. They also provide advice and training with adaptations and solutions to ensure maximum mobility.
Driving ability assessments objectively measure the capability to drive safely and are suitable for those returning to driving, older people at licence renewal or those requiring clarification if there is any concern.
Job purpose: to provide a quality assessment service for people with reduced mobility caused by disability, illness or age, using occupation as the main medium of assessment, and applying client focused principles. The range of assessments includes driving ability, i.e. objectively measuring the capability to drive safely, and car adaptation which entails advising on controls, seating and vehicle access.
About the role:
- Liaising with external agencies to assess for and arrange provision of appropriate equipment and adaptations to maximise independence. This includes private case managers and solicitors
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of internal/external training courses for professionals and others, and participating in the delivery of in-service training for staff
- Understanding the range of risks potentially faced by the service user, both generic and occupationally focussed
The successful candidate will hold a diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy and be registered with the Health Professions Council and BAOT/COT.
- A full driving licence
- Training in MoCA & Rookwood.
- Evidence of relevant post-graduate courses/continual professional development
- Post qualification experience of working with physical disability and neurological rehabilitation
Benefits include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata); pension and life assurance; Westfield healthcare cash back scheme and shopping discounts; childcare vouchers; free on-site parking.
Click here for a copy of the QEF application form and to download the job description and person specification. To apply, please submit a QEF application form or your CV and covering letter to Paul Graham, Senior Occupational Therapist via firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to QEF Mobility Services, 1 Metcalfe Avenue, Carshalton Surrey SM5 4AW.
If you would like an informal chat about this opportunity before applying, please contact Paul Graham, Senior Occupational Therapist via email@example.com; Tel 020 8770 1151
Please note that vacancies may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for a position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.