Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Due to continued business growth we are looking to recruit a full-time paediatric occupational therapist to join the team.
This is a permanent, full-time, community-based role to provide occupational therapy coverage in London and the South East. It requires an occupational therapist who has excellent experience in paediatrics to work with children and young people, particularly in the areas of sensory integration, ASD and motor skills. Experience of working with complex physical impairments including neuro disability would be advantageous.
The role involves assessing children at home or school and preparing comprehensive clinical assessment reports and recommendations, backed with strong clinical reasoning. The therapist will need to provide the recommended intervention for each client such as sensory diets, equipment, OT programmes, 1:1 therapy sessions (either at home, education setting or both settings), parent/school staff training etc., depending on each client’s individual needs.
The following skills and qualifications will be required/desirable:
- Fully qualified, HCPC registered Occupational Therapist
- At least 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in paediatric occupational therapy (Band 6 equivalent)
- Minimum of Sensory Integration Level 1
- Experience in private practice is desirable but not essential
- As a community-based role the therapist will need their own vehicle and a full/clean driving license
- Competent with computers and online technology (tech savvy)
- Excellent written skills with particular reference to report writing