Wheelchair Modification Technician
Opcare Ltd is a market leading international healthcare services provider. The group has a strong and growing presence in Europe and beyond. Within the UK, the numerous and diverse partnerships and relationships with the NHS are a core part of the company’s activities. Our reputation as a high quality and reliable provider of orthotic, prosthetic and posture and mobility products and services has provided a solid platform for growth and diversification.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Wheelchair modification technicians work within the clinics, the workshop and/or undertake home or school visits, supporting the wheelchair services to assess, prescribe and to fabricate, repair and maintain medical devices that are issued within the department. This includes supporting special seating and controls clinics.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To prepare and assemble/build medical devices as required by the clinical team, according to clinical requirements and those of the patient
- To assist and support the Production/Workshop Manager in the identification of any quality problems and assist in providing effective solutions
- To assist training and development of newly recruited clinical technicians and develop multi-skilling within the workshop as identified with the Technical Support Manager
- To support the functions of the workshop e.g. fabrication, preparation and clinical setup functions
- To link engineering to clinical interventions to improve the posture and mobility of patients within the community
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Ensure correct materials/components are issued for the job and that appropriate tools are available
- Assess the prescription/works order and understand the nature of its requirements and ensure that finished products comply with any associated measure charts, manufacturer's instructions etc.
- Prescribe suitable equipment to meet the patients clinical needs
- Complete and maintain production and inspection records as required
- Ensure adequate identification of work, at all stages, is maintained at all times
- Ensure manufacturing activities are undertaken in compliance with company/site H&S procedures and regulations
- Where appropriate, use the current IT system in accordance with identified procedures
- Ensure that internal confidential information is kept confidential from external sources unless permission is granted by senior management
- Liaise with manufacturing staff where appropriate
- Work under the guidance of the Technical Services Manager to meet the Operational Manager’s objectives
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply by emailing your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.